Monday 15 November 2010

a little more personal

I have been reading up on what you are supposed to put on a blog, how to encourage comments on your writing etc and have got to admit I am confused so I am just going to carry on regardless and hope that people like it. I would love to see comments and I would love to have "followers" but I am new at this and if some of the energy advice/news I put up on here and then comment about helps someone then thats enough for me. For this post I thought I would put up something alittle more personal than energy related issues.

Its very quiet work wise at the moment, too quiet for me with Christmas looming it is an expensive time of year and I'd love some more work in so that I can have a really nice Christmas with my family. There are several reasons why Christmas is very important to me this year - all 3 of the children now understand what presents are and it is going to be incredible watching them open them, my husband is due to be at home on leave so we will get to spend some real family time together and to hopefully make it a better Christmas than we had last year.

In November of 2009 my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer. A week later she had the full diagnosis - it was small cell lung cancer with secondarys to the brain and liver. She was living alone in a bungalow at this time and wanted to come home from the hospital so that visitors could come to see her with ease. The following weeks with trying to organise care for her in her home and ending up doing alot of the caring myself, and watching a very strong, independant woman waste away were horrific. She died on the 27th of December, 4 weeks after getting her full diagnosis and a day after her birthday. I can only hope that where ever she is now that she is happy and that is pleased that we followed her wishes to the letter.

So after the Christmas we had last year we want to make some happier memories this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment