Monday 8 November 2010

Its never too early

I have a fairly busy life, no busier than any other working mothers life but with 3 kids and work and then all the other little bits that come into it - housework, taking care of the dogs, washing, school/playschool run, organising childcare etc it can get pretty hectic. Thats why I am devoted to my diary - everything that needs to be done gets put down and ticked off once its done (allows me to feel smug when I've done everything).

Today I have managed to get all the christmas presents either ordered online or bought. I have my list of who is getting what and its a nice feeling especially as I hate the shops in December. But is it too soon?

I don't think it is, it pays to be organised nowadays and it will free up time that I would have spent battling my way through other panicing shoppers in December, queuing up for the till, getting rammed by pushchairs and stretching my arms dragging bags and annoyed kids round the shops.

There are other things that can never be done too early - teaching your children about how to save energy, just little simple things like turning off the tv completely instead of leaving it on standby, switching off the lights when you leave a room and insulating your house to a good standard - the people who got the grants and got cavity wall/loft insulation in spring and summer 2010 will now be starting to feel the benefit they won't get such large bills over the next quarter and will be able to save energy and money.

So in the spirit of starting early - I wish everyone a very merry christmas and a happy new year :),

No comments:

Post a Comment