Monday 8 November 2010

Admiration

Who do you admire? Margaret Thatcher, Cheryl Cole, Wayne Rooney, Barack Obama?

Although I do think alot of famous people are good the people I tend to admire are alot closer to home - my friends and family. It would take me less than 5 seconds to think of 10 people who I admire because of the amount of work they have put in to achieve a dream against all the odds, less than 5 seconds to think of 5 people who have overcome illness and personal tragedy to triumph and the list goes on. I am exceptionally lucky to have people in my life that I can look up to and who give me the push to carry on regardless and to try harder if and when (I am only human) I fail.

So I suppose the question is do we admire the human race and earth with all its life forms enough to protect it? To do "our bit" and save some energy? Or are we going to rely on other people, constantly hoping that someone else will do enough to counteract the fact that we have done nothing?

I firmly believe in the old saying of practise what you preach - thats why my computer/tv etc get switched off - not left on standby, that my loft is insulated to over 300mm, I have a good combi condensing boiler and that I walk when ever possible rather than using the car. There are lots of little tiny things that we can ALL do to save some energy (and money) that won't take long, won't cost much but will really make a difference in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment