Monday 15 November 2010

Its all my hard work.......

I have huffed and puffed my way up today to fetch my 3 yr old from playschool. I was walking for two reasons - one to save petrol/energy and two to improve my fitness.
After taking the dogs to agility class yesterday I was shattered, I woke up aching and had to force myself to do 10 minutes on the evil exercise bike/clothes hanger that lives in my conservatory just to loosen my muscles up.

When I was 17 I was slim - you could circle my waist with two hands, now you'd be lucky to circle my thigh with two hands! I have gotten unfit and fat - there I said it. I'm not beating about the bush I am telling it like it is, no polite phrasing such as slightly overweight, bubbly and chubby definately not I have gotten fat. Its been a long process and its took hard work - chinese, kebabs, snacking on chocolate, no exercise (or very little), no fruit, missing breakfast, eating too much late at night because I haven't eaten during the rest of the day........and its my fault.

So I'm not doing this as a new years resolution, I'm not doing this for anyone else I am going to do this for me -
1. eat healthy (not 1 stick of celery for lunch, but proper balanced meals)
2. exercise more
There is no need for fads I need to change my eating habits and make myself exercise more so that I can look in the mirror and like what I see, so that I can run an agility course without getting out of breath and run round after my children.

Before I go though I do want to say - I don't want to be a size 0 or even a size 8, I want to be a realistic HEALTHY weight for my height and build size 14 would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment