Sunday 14 November 2010

Leaving it.........

As a normal person in a relationship I often see how long it will take my husband to do something when I just leave it - like the hoovering(during the week I hoover downstairs every day) or putting away the clothes. Its my own personal little experiment.
Nine times out of ten I end up getting annoyed and just doing it myself. My husbands answer to this is "if you don't tell me I don't know it needs doing".

So rough translation he needs an incentive to get him to do things.............you do half the housework etc and I am not so tired and won't fall asleep 30 minutes after the kids have gone to bed. That works fine, once he knew this he does now do the hoovering and help out more.

The same can be said of energy saving. There are so many people who want to save energy, who understand why we need to save energy and take the necessary steps - some of them small (walking to work twice a week, doing a car pool for taking the kids to school, low energy lightbulbs) and some of them larger (pv panels, solar panels, new boiler) BUT there are other people who need an incentive.

I feel the Americans are going about this the right way with the "granite counter" approach to home energy efficiency. They are making energy efficiency in homes a desirable and saleable item. Its an incentive that earns you money, will help sell your home and sssh save energy! Without an incentive alot of people will just leave saving energy to others but unless the majority of the world jump on board the saving energy bandwagon its going to be increasingly difficult to save energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment