Tuesday 26 October 2010

As a favour

I am trying to make sure that what I post is helpful and informative. But this post is going to be a request of sorts.

Please if you have a DEA coming round follow these tips/requests:

1. Make sure that they can access the loft hatch - occassionally the loft hatch is in a cupboard which is filled with assorted possessions. It is necessary for the DEA to inspect the loft insulation and it is very helpful if they can access it easily.

2. Dogs - I adore dogs, I have 4 of them myself. But if your dog can be agressive/doesn't like strangers/will knock the DEA off their ladders leaving them clinging onto the loft hatch for dear life please don't let them.

3. Know your rights - you are the client, the DEA is supposed to be doing a good job for you. Make sure they are polite, respectful - its your house after all and that they have identification (all accreditation bodies provide this)

4. Small children - I have three of them, I understand that they like to see the lights on the lazer measuring devices (I carry a spare one just for children to play with) but I, personally, am terrified if I see them climbing up the ladder behind me and this has happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment