Thursday 13 January 2011

Moving forward

I have actually had a good week - middle one hasn't been fighting at playschool and eldest and youngest are behaving as well so with my mum hat on life hasn't been too bad.

I have finally managed to feel fully recovered from the virus that I caught in December and am back to my normal self re getting my housework and other chores done so the fact that I am normally "on top" of it all by 8am makes me (although admittedly obsessive) quite happy.

There was a survey that I filled in earlier this week which has been started by IDEA (an organisation for Energy Assessors - tries very hard but needs more members and more promotion because it is doing good work) which dealt with what changes could/should be made to the EPC and the industry. I always say it - we haven't got Christine Milne and England didn't organise this like Australia has done and the EPC has not been promoted as the new "granite worktop" as it is in New York so there is a lot that could be done to aid our industry and weed out the unprofessional DEAs. Hopefully this survey WILL begin the changes that are so desperately needed within the industry.

I am carrying out my first inventory today. I have done them previously when I worked as an estate agent but after researching them over the past few months it has suprised me that more emphasis is not placed upon them - they protect both landlord and tenant if done thoroughly, independantly and professionally. There should always be photographs included in the inventory and it should be very detailed! I am taking video camera, notebook and camera (date stamp included) to make sure that it is done to the very highest standard.

Although most people are now saying how many resolutions that they have already broken I saved myself the trouble by not having any this year although I do have a wish list (lets see if any of them have happened by the end of 2011):
1. Lose weight
2. Grow my client base due to standard of my work
3. Work with other DEAs to form a co-operative (provides better service than some of the panels)
4. See the promotion of the EPC by the Government
5. Watch the cowboy DEAs be removed.
6. Keep my family happy and healthy

Have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment